r1 - 28 Jul 2008 - 22:57:06 - RobertGardnerYou are here: TWiki >  Admins Web > MinutesJul30

MinutesJul30

Introduction

Minutes of the Facilities Integration Program meeting, July 30, 2008
  • Previous meetings and background : IntegrationProgram
  • Coordinates: Wednesdays, 1:00pm Eastern
    • Phone: (605) 475-6000, Access code: 735188; Dial *6 to mute/un-mute.

Attending

  • Meeting attendees:
  • Apologies: Rob
  • Guests: none

Integration program update (Michael)

  • Overarching near term goals:
    • Complete the benchmarks of 200 MB/s sustained disk-to-disk throughput to all Tier2s
    • FDR2: data replication and analysis queues DONE
    • OSG 1.0 deployed DONE - nearly complete
    • LFC evaluation and deployment strategy complete on-going
    • WLCG - SAM/RSV, reliability availability metrics for CE and SE reporting >80% for all sites.
    • Provisioning of capacities according to pledges on track for September 15 2008 deployment.
    • Network performance monitoring infrastructure deployed.
    • Revision to the Tier 3 white paper, and a reference Tier 3 facility defined.
    • Analysis benchmarks demonstrated at increasing scale (100/200/500/1000 simultaneous jobs) at all Tier 2 facilities.

Next procurements

  • Standing agenda item, see CapacitySummary.
  • Follow-up on Dell storage offering.

Internet2 monitoring host

  • We received specifications from Rich - no pricing as of yet.
  • Was an action item for Rob to get a quote for a system from Koi Computers. (specs sent)

Follow-up issues

  • Storage capacity recommendations/guidance for the Facility (320 TB capacity, from Kaushik's model on MinutesJune11).
  • Revised WLCG pledges - need info by July 15. Action item for Rob (not done!)

Operations overview: Production (Kaushik)

Shift report

Analysis queues, FDR analysis (Nurcan)

  • A wiki page was setup to show the online/offline status of the US pathena analysis queues as well as their availability for various athena releases/packages, see the page at PathenaAnalysisQueues.

RSV and WLCG SAM (Fred)

Operations: DDM (Hiro and/or Alexei)

LFC migration (John)

  • SubCommitteeLFC
  • Committee has not met for a while - any update on LFC + Panda development testbed?

wlcg-client (Marco)

  • There is a new version which handles protocols correctly for SRM endpoints.

OSG 1.0

Site news and issues (all sites)

  • T1:
  • AGLT2:
  • NET2:
  • MWT2:
  • SWT2 (UTA):
  • SWT2 (OU):
  • WT2:

Carryover issues (any updates?)

Pilot upgrade for space tokens (Kaushik (Paul))

  • Update from Shawn. lcg-cp working; still need to work on registration. Carry-over

Release installation via Pacballs (Xin)

  • Need to follow-up.

Throughput initiative - status (Shawn)

SRM v2 and Space Tokens (Kaushik)

  • Follow-up issue of atlas versus usatlas role.
  • The issue for dCache space token controlled spaces supporting multiple roles is still open.
  • For the moment, the production role in use for US production remains usatlas, but this may change to get around this problem.

User LRC deletion (Charles)

  • Data deletion tool still under development/testing.

WLCG accounting

AOB

  • none


-- RobertGardner - 29 Jul 2008

About This Site

Please note that this site is a content mirror of the BNL US ATLAS TWiki. To edit the content of this page, click the Edit this page button at the top of the page and log in with your US ATLAS computing account name and password.


Attachments

 
Powered by TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback