r2 - 20 Sep 2011 - 13:39:38 - KaushikDeYou are here: TWiki >  Admins Web > MinutesDataManageSep20



Minutes of the US ATLAS Data Management meeting, September 20, 2011
  • Previous meetings and background : IntegrationProgram
  • Coordinates: Tuesdays, Noon Central
    • (570) 310-0130, Access code: 735188; Dial *6 to mute/un-mute.


  • Meeting attendees: Rob, Armen, Bob, John, Dave, Shawn, Hiro, Saul, Michael, Patrick
  • Apologies:
  • Guests:

Topics for this week

  • Storage status - Armen
    • Looks fine.
    • Patrick will check with Horst about Bestman version - to improve reporting for OU and Bellarmine.
  • Central deletion, USERDISK cleanup - Hiro
    • Central deletion looks ok - new version implemented last week.
    • USERDISK cleanup started friday (Sep. 16th).
    • BNL deletions running ~7 Hz. Hiro/Armen will discuss tuning the deletion rate parameters for Tier 2's, to study physical limits.
    • Hiro will send summary to each site of total volume being deleted, starting next time.
  • Hot issues
    • BNLPANDA, BNLDISK are now clean. Armen cleaned last ~2000 datasets past week. Will ask DQ2 to remove these tokens.
    • ACL issues at NET2? Still not solved after setting directory permissions. Need further investigations.
  • AOB
    • Making USERDISK deletions more automatic.
      • Hiro will automate scanning of data, to be daily.
    • Hiro - add unallocated, unpowered tokens to monitoring. Done.
    • Tier 3 consistency reports - who and how fixes them?

-- KaushikDe - 20 Sep 2011

About This Site

Please note that this site is a content mirror of the BNL US ATLAS TWiki. To edit the content of this page, click the Edit this page button at the top of the page and log in with your US ATLAS computing account name and password.


Powered by TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback