r2 - 05 Nov 2008 - 12:02:53 - RobertGardnerYou are here: TWiki >  Admins Web > LFCMeetNov5

LFCMeetNov5

Introduction

  • Meeting of the sub-committee to address LFC migration in the US cloud.
  • Coordinates:
    • Wednesday, Nov 5, 10am Central/5pm CERN
    • new phone (309) 946-5300, Access code: 735188; Dial *6 to mute/un-mute.
  • Background: SubCommitteeLFC, FileCatalog
  • Attending: Charles, Patrick, John, Saul, Marco, Rob
  • Apologies: Horst

LFC launch schedule

Oct 1  - LFC subcommittee  meeting to discuss launch
            plan (changes needed in all services and tools
            to switch a site) and resolve any voms
            group/role issues, etc
Oct 7 - AGLT2 : main burn in and validation on a single site...
followed by the rest of the sites:
Oct 14  - UC, UTA
Oct 16 - IU, BU
Oct 20 -  BU, SLAC
Oct 21  - OU, BNL
Oct 23 - WISC

BU

  • last week
    • All ready to switch to LFC.
    • Proddisk still not quite finished. Paul has made progress this morning - hopefully fixed for good. Otherwise ready go.
  • Issue is with the Harvard site: worker nodes are behind a firewall. So LFC communication is blocked, port 5010 is all. Looking for solutions. Considering putting the LFC on a border machine at Harvard.
    • One question is how was LRC working?
    • LFC proxy is another possibility.
    • There may also be lcg-cp communication - port 8443 for Bestman. Multiple high-range ports for gridftp transfers.
    • Tiny proxy works for scp.
    • Site mover changes? Would have to do reliable copy, and use the space token properly.

UTA

  • last week*
    • Converting the LRC to LFC.
    • Had shut down last week to start this - but other events at UTA intervened.
    • Q: want new files to be owned by atlas/role=production. Need to get into the VOMS. Send email to John Hover and Alessandro.
  • Production running again at SWT2_CPB. Nominally okay.
  • Issue with OU - group ownerships in the catalog itself.
  • Directory in LFC is /grid/atlas/users/pathena/, created by Paul during execution, his DN owns the dir, group would be atlas/role=production. Some users have usatlas role. Was the correct proxy used? And how did the LFC allow this?
  • Note that LFC handles multiple identities, so it can use both roles.

OU

  • last week
    • Ready to go now. Question about whether space tokens are required first. Not strictly necessary. Need to do Bestman migration.
  • We heard from Patrick.
  • Work in progress - Paul is testing, and there are some problems. Permissions issues - sorting out.

SLAC

  • Not here

LFC-based data management tools (Patrick, Charles)

  • last week
    • Integrity check needs to be modified for GPFS back ends (Posix).
    • Deletion tools require BDII - but we've not accepted this as accepted service in US ATLAS, so we'll need to program around it. Charles will be in contact with Stephane.
    • Already working for dCache.
    • Should re-work to default as Posix. Charles will merge changes, John will test.

Dataset deletion discussion

  • New service required -
  • Use of USERDISK - what privileges.

Pilot progress (Paul )

Space reporting

  • last week * Sites are responsible for gathering the information on a schedule using cron. Then use a curl command that updates the Panda database. Charles will email the specifics.

URL's in the Catalog

  • last week
    • Marco: pilot is python api's, and is using long url. DQ2 is using short url, FTS too. So we have a mixed situation. lfc.py in DQ2 is truncating the information. Send request change to dq2 developers.
  • Savannah ticket opened. Request for patch to current version.

AOB

  • none.


-- RobertGardner - 04 Nov 2008

About This Site

Please note that this site is a content mirror of the BNL US ATLAS TWiki. To edit the content of this page, click the Edit this page button at the top of the page and log in with your US ATLAS computing account name and password.


Attachments

 
Powered by TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback