US ATLAS Distributed Facility Support Center
Facilities Integration Program
Guide to OSG
- See the US ATLAS Grid Webpage for a full listing of ATLAS and Grid meetings and workshops.
- US ATLAS Tier2 Workshop at the University of Chicago, May 9-10, 2006
- US ATLAS Tier2 Workshop at Harvard University, August 17-18, 2006
- US ATLAS Tier2 Workshop at the University of Texas, Arlington, December 8, 2006
- US ATLAS Tier2 Workshop at the University of California, San Diego, March 7-8, 2007
- US ATLAS Tier2 Integration Planning Meeting at the University of Chicago, May 9-10, 2007
- US ATLAS Tier2 Workshop at Indiana University, Bloomington, June 20-22, 2007
- US ATLAS Tier2 Workshop at SLAC, November 28-30, 2007
- US ATLAS Tier2 Workshop at RENCI, March 4, 2008
- US ATLAS Tier2/Tier3 Workshop at University of Michigan, May 27-28, 2008
- US ATLAS Tier2/Tier3 Workshop at BNL, September 22-23, 2008
Tier2 Program Planning
US ATLAS Support Ticket System
The OSG/LCG grid administrator (of Tier 1 and Tier 2 clusters) should be responsible to follow up with tickets with the same ownership as their site. The content of tickets can be: reporting a problem, requesting a change and adding more features. Each ticket is associated with different priorities. The responsible site administrator needs to follow up the ticket in a timely fashion and try to resolve the ticket, and then close it. Each update to the ticket will trigger an email sent to the ticket requester, ticket owner and other persons assigned this ticket category.
When an administrator receives an email regarding a support ticket, he/she should
click on the Web link which takes him/her to the US ATLAS ticket system.
Before you view the ticket, you will be prompted to input your US ATLAS computing
account name and password. For forgotten passwords or other RT account issues,
please open a ticket in the Accounts queue
When you work on a ticket, you are responsible to provide the status
update through the ticket system until the ticket is closed: inform the
user of the cause of the problems, and your proposed solutions. Each update on
the ticket will be emailed to the ticket requester. If the requester replies
to the email with more questions or information (the ticket system can right
now not allow a non-user to access the ticket, we are working on solutions
so that a user should be able to follow up with his/her ticket), the
ticket assignees should be responsible to post it onto the ticket
Each type of ticket has a primary owner and several assignees. If a assignee finds
that ticket can be handled by him/her, he can take the ownership, process the ticket and
close it. By doing this, we can avoid single point failure.
If the ticket is improperly assigned to you, you need to go to the
ticket system to re-assign the ticket to the new responsible person by
changing the ticket's problem type and/or choosing new owner. Then you
pass along the responsibility.
Step by Step: Using the Ticket System
1. Request a BNL user account, and a US ATLAS computing account. See:
2. Once you have a US ATLAS computing account, log into the RACF RT web interface
click on the appropriate queue(s).
3. It may be necessary to add new user accounts to specific RT queues. If this
is necessary, please open a ticket in the TicketSystem queue with any relevant
information for adding your account to the list of users that can administer that
specific queue (name, account name, institution, experiment contact or sponsor).
New Ticket System
For more information and documentation:
BNL HyperNews Forum
See the HyperNews Interface
and HyperNews account and user information
Tier 2 Software Installation
Tier 2 Usage Policy
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Computing Facility Usage Policy
Tier2 Site Web Pages
Tier 3 Sites
Documentation for various services
About This Site
Please note that this site is a content mirror of the BNL US ATLAS TWiki. To edit the content of this page, click the Edit this page button at the top of the page and log in with your US ATLAS computing account name and password.
(10.8K) | DantongYu? , 27 Feb 2006 - 16:32 | A Installlation Log File when Xin Zhao upgraded BNL to OSG 0.4