r2 - 03 May 2010 - 18:12:31 - RichardMountYou are here: TWiki >  AtlasSoftware Web > Minutes23Apr2010

Minutes23Apr2010 - RAC core team minutes, April 23, 2010


Core Team Participation

Richard Mount, Jim Cochran, Michael Ernst, Kaushik De

Other Participants

Armen Vartapetian, Ian Hinchliffe,

Minutes of the April 16 Meeting

It was agreed that the discussion of the "40% fee space" issue should be revised reflect the constructive approach that RAC members advocate.

RAC-relevant discussions at the Software and Computing week

"Group Production" (aka Additional Production?) had been extensively discussed. Kaushik's "Additional Production" slides from the BNL ADC Workshop had been shown by Alexei in the closeout session on Friday. Kaushik had participated in the discussion of Group Production. Alexei had agreed to form a small task force to work out the detailed data flow (first meeting next Wednesday).

No RAC member had noted significant discussion of Group disk space, except Michael who had brought up the issue at the ICB. He concluded that while there was no detailed path forward, people were aware of the issue. Kaushik said that there was enough space to allow Group Production to get started.

Exercising and documenting the process for additional production

Kevin (star of the show for this item) was unable to attend so discussion was minimal. Jim agreed to talk to Kevin about the next steps, especially the running of some Exotics production through the embryonic Group Production system. Kevin had asked Richard and Jim for comments on his first draft Twiki. Neither had responded because the Twiki could only be made really informative by the exercise of running Group Production and documenting the steps.

AOB

  1. The Doodle poll for the RAC time slot appeared to favor 1 pm PDT (10 pm CERN time). This was likely to be a problem when key people were at CERN.

Action Items

  1. 4/9/2010: Kevin, Create first version of a Twiki guiding US physicists on requesting Additional Production. (In progress)
  2. 3/26/2010: All but especially core team, Find time during the ADC Workshop next week to identify a point-of-contact for Valid US Regional Production (on hold pending a better definition of what this task should be following successful completion of some Exotics Additional Production).

About This Site

Please note that this site is a content mirror of the BNL US ATLAS TWiki. To edit the content of this page, click the Edit this page button at the top of the page and log in with your US ATLAS computing account name and password.


Attachments

 
Powered by TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback