r2 - 19 Jan 2010 - 13:45:07 - KaushikDeYou are here: TWiki >  Admins Web > MinutesDataManageJan19



Minutes of the US ATLAS Data Management meeting, Jan. 19, 2010
  • Previous meetings and background : IntegrationProgram
  • Coordinates: Tuesdays, Noon Central
    • (605) 715-4900, Access code: 735188; Dial *6 to mute/un-mute.


  • Meeting attendees: Armen, Shawn, Bob, Charles, John, Saul, Patrick, Michael, Hiro, Wei,
  • Apologies:
  • Guests:

Topics for this week

  • Tier 3 migration to BNL LFC/SS - Hiro
    • Status - all Tier 3's served by BNL
    • Consistency, cleaning
      • Tier 3 sites running production (UTD, UI) had problems after migration to BNL
      • Charles - will work on new script (using SQLite), David Lesny from UI has offered help
      • Hiro will send weekly dumps to Tier 3 sites, Charles's script will do consistency check/deletions
    • Checksum - not available for production yet, and will not be available for gridftp only sites
  • Tier 2 inconsistency problems
    • AGLT2, NET2 problems were due to PRODDISK central deletion by mistake during December
    • All sites need to run ccc to make sure no problems left over from PRODDISK deletion, Charles will send new version for non-dcache sites (to DDM list)
    • SLAC also found problems, also UTA - with MCDISK, DATADISK?
    • Wei/Hiro will try to track down problem at SLAC
    • AGLT2 still has big problems - any inconsistency should be reported to central deletion for MCDISK, DATADISK and CALIBDISK
    • MWT2 deleted a lot of dark data recently - will report to central deletion in the future
    • Hiro - for mass subscriptions to Tier 2's please use BNL as source
  • Available space status - Armen
    • BNL is in good shape, need to add more for USERDISK, Hiro is cleaning some more now
    • Non-space token USERDISK area almost all clean now, will be decommissioned soon
    • Still some discrepancy due to non-frozen datasets, especially on USERDISK
    • For next week, try to understand MCDISK usage at BNL
    • SLAC has lots of new storage now
  • Hot issues
    • UTA is having consistency problems with new XRootD? fs, Wei will help to debug, Patrick will send core dumps
  • AOB
    • Next week - discuss Tier 2 USERDISK cleanup, especially empty directories
    • Next week - should we meet bi-weekly?

-- KaushikDe - 19 Jan 2010

About This Site

Please note that this site is a content mirror of the BNL US ATLAS TWiki. To edit the content of this page, click the Edit this page button at the top of the page and log in with your US ATLAS computing account name and password.


Powered by TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback