Minutes of a meeting to discuss role of Proof at Tier3/Tier2 facilities.
- Note: This is following up from the last November's Tier2/Tier3 workshop at SLAC we discussed options for supporting analysis at various facilities. See the Facility planning session of that workshop here. One of the issues was to consider introduction of PROOF (+xrootd) services at Tier2 facilities by the summer. We discussed as a first step writing down a skeletal plan on how to get there.
- Coordinates: Thursday, 12:30 pm Chicago / 1:30 pm BNL / 6:30 pm CERN (note time difference) Phone: (605) 475-6000, Access code: 735188
- Attendees: Rob, Hiro, Sergey, Neng, Michael, Asoka/TRIUMF
Proof and condor (Neng)
- PROOF+condorMar13.ppt: proof+condor
- Discussing dynamic dataset management - getting data into the proof farm.
- Working with Proof team to integrate Condor into the Proof master.
- Also working on a user interface for Condor scheduling information.
Presentation at the UNC workshop
- Registering data - using dq2_cr (hacked, registration only) at BNL. Can dq2_put (standard) be used?
- We need delete functionality needed for existing LRC's.
- Modifications for DQ2 site services to manage root files. (BNLXRDHDD1 caused some probs in replication.)
- BNLXRDHDD1 is a bit of a "hybrid" DQ2 endpoint - being used at present only for cataloging services.
- We discussed various possible configurations for different SE backends served by a single LRC.
PROOF and FDR analysis
- No live demonstration for next week's Jamboree, but Sergey will give a presentation.
- 11 Mar 2008
About This Site
Please note that this site is a content mirror of the BNL US ATLAS TWiki. To edit the content of this page, click the Edit this page button at the top of the page and log in with your US ATLAS computing account name and password.
(844.5K) | RobertGardner
, 13 Mar 2008 - 13:40 | proof+condor